Yep, I only had them done a few weeks ago and they look like it's been at least twice that long. I can see all this unpolished nail at the base. By the time I get them done again in a couple of weeks, I'm going to look like I have a bronze french pedicure ... or I'll look like some sort of vicious wild animal that can take your head off with her foot.
On a somewhat less frivolous note, I met with a doula on Wednesday. This is a big step for the little girl who swore she would never acquire a baby the normal way after being regaled with the horrors of childbirth by a second grade teacher who had just come back from maternity leave. That was me by the way ... the little girl, not the second grade teacher.
And the point is - I am am planning to attempt natural childbirth (if one can call it natural to give birth in a birthing center attached to a hospital and be coached by a professional birthing assistant). I think I have the tools to do this and actually want to know what it's like - the whole experience - not just what I can feel from the waist up after being heavily medicated. I bet my mom never expected to hear that from me, especially after I maintained my grudge toward the aforementioned second grade teacher well into my adult life.
I'm very inspired by peoples' positive natural childbirth stories. I've only recently realized that for many its not a nightmare to endure, but a real, positive, and empowering experience that I want to add to my list. I'm setting myself up for success, so lets hope my blog in a few months doesn't read ... "and then I screamed for the epidural." But even if I do, I intend to walk out of that hospital with my prize!
Have you looked into hypno-birthing? I just talked with my neighbor next door. It worked well for her. I think it has a CD that goes with it, and it made her super relaxed.
ReplyDeleteI've heard hypno-birthing is really popular right now, but I haven't looked into it. Maybe I should. I've just be practicing breathing and relaxation techniques and reading natural birth success stories. Just last night I read stories from a bunch of woman who gave birth to 9-12 lb babies NATURALLY!
ReplyDelete