Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Biohazard

This has NOT been a good week. On the recommendation of my midwife, I got a flu shot last Thursday. By Saturday night I was sick. Coincidence? I think not. It's been about 10 years since I got a flu shot because I got sick last time too. I haven't been around any sick people, so I can't think of anyone/anything else to blame.

So, since Sunday I've gotten to add nasal congestion and constant dribble, plugged ears, and sleep deprivation to the standard late pregnancy discomforts like massive swelling (I think I have cankles), 24/7 nausea, scalding acid in my esophagus, joint pain, and most recently tingling and numbness in my right hand (love that swelling).

I could go into labor at any time and most of me wishes I just would, but I'm worried about staring the ordeal sick and exhausted. I don't figure the congestion will be a huge issue, because the stress of labor is likely to clear my sinuses. I just hope the virus clears up before it moves into my chest. The last thing I need right now is bronchitis and/or a sick infant.

I don't think I'm ever going to get a flu shot again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, get better soon!!!

    I got sick right before I had both Seth and Abbey. I figured I was just purging my system for when the baby came. Just try to make sure Scott doesn't get it! I had passed my cold on to Steve right before Seth was born...he was quite miserable for it all. He was still a happy new father though!

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete